Sunday, April 24, 2011

We Can’t Help Everyone – Not Even Those We Love the Most

SGTREPORT.com

It’s amazing how difficult it is to help others see the light. In fact, for those of us who have actually taken the time to understand monetary history, the Federal Reserve Banking System and the value of “hard” money, it can be down right disturbing. We try to discuss these issues with family and friends in the altruistic effort to “help” them. But, do they listen? Not often. And worse, many choose to insult us by parroting the ad hominem labels with which they’ve been indoctrinated, labels like “conspiracy theorist” or “doom and gloomer”. There is a wedge of ignorance (I would argue unforgivable willfull ignorance) that divides so many of us from the ones we care about, and there appears to be not a damn thing any of us can do about it.

“God helps those who help themselves” Ben Franklin, quoted in Poor Richard’s Almanac,1757

Many of us have been shouting from the rooftops, and in my case from the e-rooftop, for several years about the opportunity silver provides both as protection from a criminal financial system, and as a fantastic investment opportunity. But now, with silver closing in on $50 an ounce, it looks like we may as well have been talking to a brick wall.

For many of us, the folks we’ve tried to help don’t even have the decency to man up and say, ‘Oh my God, judging by the price of silver now, I guess you were right. Can you please tell me all of that stuff about the Fed and precious metals again? And this time I’ll really listen.” Nope, not in this culture; Modern day America, a place where willful ignorance is embraced like a cloak of infallibility and complete madness rules the day.

I just recieved this e-mail from a subscriber yesterday:

As more information comes to the surface, the clearer the picture gets. I work with the sheep, I serve the sheep and my wife, is one of the sheep. TF Metals blog had a contest “guessing the final price of silver on Thursday”. I won the contest and found out last night around midnight. I was very happy that I had the winning guess. My wife expressed her fear in me sending out our address on the internet to someone that we did not know. This opened a whole a can of worms that neither of us expected. After a few minutes of elevated voices and anger on both sides we both agreed that we have very different views of what I am doing and what I am attempting to do—which is get as prepared as humanly possible for the coming “social and economic unrest”. She said “I want my baby back.” Stating that she believes that I have transformed into a ‘gloom and doomer”. I keep trying to explain that I am only trying to put us in the best possible postion to make it through the next little while with enough food, real money and materials to be able to stay at home and not be bothered with having to get out and deal with the coming chaos. I am not sure why I am telling you all this, I just don’t have anyone else to confide in. As you are well aware we–you and me–are among the less than 1% of the populace that have any clue as to what is actually happening. We are among the few that are actually preparing for the coming “unrest”. My wife is freaking out and doesn’t want to believe what is right in front of her. The propaganda machine has entangled in their web of deceit.

We have several months worth of food, some real money, some fiat and each other. I almost feel it is time to start fortifying the house–which would drive my wife away. I do not want to be alone in the coming mess. I do not want to lose my wife–I love her very deeply. She has been the beacon of hope for the my life that I waited a long time for her arrival. We just have very different ideas as to what is happening in our world today.

Not even sure where this is headed. I just needed to say some things that are on my mind this morning. Sorry to dump on you.

You’re not dumping on me my friend. To steal another phrase from Ben Frankiln,

” If we do not hang together we will all hang separately.”

And yes, this is likely true even as it relates to our wives! This was my response to him:

Hey there xxx, Just pull back a little bit with your wife. I had to do the same. But my journey into all of this began back in 2004 or so, so I’ve had more time to bring my wife up to speed. There are always bumps in the road too. Remind your wife (gently) that you are obviously correct about the fiscal situation for the United States, as the price of silver attests to. She ought to be pleased now at $46 that you were wise enough to buy ANY physical precious metal at all.

But you must tread lightly with those you love, you cannot wake them up. They must wake up themselves. Try not to let this stuff consume you, though that is easy to do.

I too just had a horrible experience with someone dear to me who refuses to listen to anything rational – or anything outside of this paradigm in which she has lived (and fully, lovingly, blindly embraced) for nearly 7 decades. Sadly, we have all experienced this.

Remind your wife that you are the same person she has always loved and that you are just taking a few precautions to help protect her from an uncertain future.
Take care, ~SGT

And there you have it. All we can do is remind ourselves that we are in the right. We are the informed.

“No man (or wife?) in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that’s in the right and keeps on a-comin’” motto of Texas Ranger Bill McDonald (1852-1918). It later became a motto for the Texas Rangers themselves.

Yes, we are in the right. The TRUTH is on our side. And that’s what we need to remember in Twilight Amerika, where the TV’s are always warm and the flouride is free.

~SGT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sheeple



The Black Sheep tries to warn its friends with the truth it has seen, unfortunately herd mentality kicks in for the Sheeple, and they run in fear from the black sheep and keep to the safety of their flock.

Having tried to no avail to awaken his peers, the Black Sheep have no other choice but to unite with each other and escape the impending doom.

What color Sheep are you?

.





100627