Fox News
July 24, 2012
At least 3 men accused of making threats during or after watching the
new Batman movie have been arrested in separate incidents, underscoring
U.S. moviegoers' anxieties and heightened security in the wake of a
deadly mass shooting at a Colorado theater showing the film.
Moviegoers in Sierra Visa, Arizona, panicked when a man who appeared
intoxicated was confronted during a showing of the movie. The Cochise
County Sheriff's office said it caused "mass hysteria" and about 50
people fled the theater.
Michael William Borboa, 27, was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct, and threatening and intimidating.
A Maine man was arrested when he told authorities that he was on his
way to shoot a former employer a day after watching "The Dark Knight
Rises," Maine state police said Monday.
Timothy Courtois of Biddeford, Maine, had been stopped for speeding,
and a police search of his car found an AK-47 assault weapon, four
handguns, ammunition and news clippings about the mass shooting that
left 12 people dead early Friday, authorities said.
In Southern California, a man at a Sunday afternoon showing of the
film was arrested after witnesses said he made threats and alluded to
the Colorado shooting when the movie didn't start.
Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies were called to a cinema complex
in Norwalk after moviegoers said 52-year-old Clark Tabor shouted: "I
should go off like in Colorado." They said he then asked: "Does anybody
have a gun?"
No comments:
Post a Comment